Wednesday, November 10, 2004

We don't need no stinkin' humidifier!

The bad news is that I have been out of touch. Ran has been working a lot and Ryan has been sick (nothing to be alarmed about... just a cold). But the good news is that we're getting settled and enjoying life here. I hope to have internet access at home next week. It'll be dial-up and on the same phone line as the home phone. It could take a year (I'm not kidding) to get a second phone line. Either way it's only 56k but I'll just be glad to not have to leave the house to check my email or post a blog.

A quick recap... Ryan had a great birthday. She rode a pony and got a beautiful brown bunny that she named Clara. We spent a couple to days at Los Lagos and saw the volcano. Ran has been working a lot. I have only been working a little. Very little. It's kind of like Austin! I'm going on a tour of the coffee plantation for the co-op job tomorrow. The coffee co-op is in walking distance from our house. And tomorrow night I start my teaching job. I will be teaching English at CPI (google it) on Tuesday and Thursday nights. It's also in walking distance. This walking thing has been great for my lungs as well as my waistline!

We moved into our house on the 2nd. It needs love and furniture but we're excited about it. It's close enough to everything to be convenient but far enough away to be tranquilo (peaceful). We have seen all kinds of wildlife in our yard... even a river crab at our front door! The other day there were 15 pizotes in our yard... they're kind of like raccoons I think. And the birds and butterflies are incredible. And the foliage too. And the sunsets. I could go on and on. It's pretty wild living up in the clouds. Everything is very moist. We have to paint the walls with mold-resistant paint. Our cement floors sweat when it's cold and rainy because of the humidity. We miss you all and we're going to have so much fun showing you our new home! Don't forget to bring house shoes and a sweater.

More to come... especially once we have internet access at home!

pura vida

No comments: