Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Lucky Me

I wrote this on November 19 and it's for my family... you know who you are.

My husband, daughter, dog, cat and I have been living in a foreign country for a month… to the day. We’re going through a chaotic transition and it’s during times like these that I depend most on my family. When I say family I don’t just mean the people I am related to by blood or marriage. I also mean the family that I have chosen… my family of friends.

The blessing of friendship is one that I have an abundance of. And at a time when I need my family of friends the most, I find that I am without some of the communication comforts that I have become accustomed to. I can’t see my friends every day or every week or every month at girls’ night. I can’t get online and send corny emails whenever the fancy strikes. I can’t pick up the phone without first purchasing a long-distance calling card. But somehow I am happy. And I feel lucky to have such an amazing network of strong, beautiful, intelligent, supportive people thousands of miles away. Because they are a short distance from my mind… right here in my heart.

pura vida...

nic



No comments: