Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Miercoles... yep that's Spanish!

I think today is Wednesday. It's hard to keep track since I am still feeling like I'm in some kind of whirlwind... or cloud forest. We were supposed to go to Spanish class today but our teacher forgot so we sat at her house with her son for 40 minutes before giving up and heading to breakfast. Guess what I had... rice and beans with eggs and ham and cheese. Yep, my heartburn is gone and my appetite is back. Last night Ryan, Ran, Shannon, Daniel and I went to an awesome restaurant called Sofias. We'll all have to go there when you visit. On Monday night Shannon and I went out to Taberna and shook our booties a little. It was fun!

Today Ryan and I took a taxi to our future new home. We gave our landlord our deposit and we should be moving in at the beginning of November. The first is Ryan's birthday and we are going to pick out her bunny. Daniel is building the bunny hutch and Ryan is going to be thrilled. We walked to the co-op after visiting with our landlord. Ryan fell twice. She'll have to get used to the rocky roads--- gotta pay attention to where you're going around here. I met with Lorena and we talked about my new job which I start next week. I'll be making coffee and telling people about the co-op. Their website is under construction but you can find out about it www.texascoffeetraders.com . Funny how things are so inter-related.

We are going on a two-day vacation to Los Lagos. We'll be taking a taxi-boat-taxi ~it's just what it sounds like it is~ and we'll go to the volcano, swim in hot pool, etc. We're looking forward to it!

Ryan is being great singing as I type this blog at an internet cafe. I don't want to push my luck, though. We're still stressed out from the transition but we are glad to be here. I'm still trying to figure out what everything is at the grocery store and I continue to look for things that don't exist... like a can of cream of mushroom soup. We bought Ryan bandaids with dragons and dinosaurs on them. She keeps falling down but she's a tough chick.

My time is up. Ryan said she needs to go potty. Our Spanish is getting better little by little and we're looking forward to taking Spanish classes. Daniel ~ Shannon's boyfriend~ starts English class on the 1st. (Oh, I finally found parentheses on the keyboard... yahoo!) Oh and I've been offered a job teaching English. We'll have to see if I can juggle Ran's schedule at the Pension with Ryan being at home and me having two part-time jobs.

So much to tell, so little time. More to come...

pura vida

No comments: