Tuesday, October 12, 2004

On Our Way

At this time next week we will be on a plane heading to Costa Rica! Reality is setting in and I am getting excited and sad. We're going to miss our family, friends, home, food... so many things! But I know we will have tons of visitors (hint hint) and just think of all the cool stuff we'll get to show you. Ran and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary the day after we arrive and we are looking forward to the new life we have ahead of us. Ryan will be four soon and as you all know she is really wanting a baby brother or sister. We're planning to get her a bunny for her birthday (don't tell her---it's a surprise). The sibling and pony will just have to come later.

So what will I miss? Besides my village, my peeps, my ohana, mi gente? Well, I'll also miss English reading material, queso, high-speed internet, MGGTs, going out to eat, quick trips to the mall just in case there's something waiting there for me that I didn't know I'd been missing. And I imagine that, at least on occasion, I'll miss speaking English and having everyone generally understand me. But you wanna know what I'm most looking forward to? Having a cool, bilingual kid(s). Living in a rain forest again. Sleeping through the night (it's all about the little things). Meeting new people. Really knowing what pura vida means.


More to come...
Nic
www.pensionsantaelena.com

No comments: