Sunday, February 19, 2006

Back in Action

It seems only fitting that I should resurrect my blog in the place where it began... good ol' Texas. It kind of seems like we never left but we have actually been gone for a year and four months. It has been so nice to visit the village that helped raise our first child and introduce them to our second. A lot has changed but so much has stayed the same. It's great being in the "Land of Plenty". Family and friends. High speed internet. Tex-Mex. Dim sum. Sushi. Gelatto. Steak. Haircuts from Kelly. Massages from Christopher. And did I mention shopping? Gotta love it!

Two weeks have flown by and like the true procastinator that I am, I have waited until the day before we leave to get online and post this blog. Our visit has been so much fun (despite the fact that Ran and I both got sick) and we wish we could stay longer. The good news is that we are making a commitment to get back here more often.

My next post will be from Monteverde. I plan to post before the end of the month. I had a bit of trouble jump-starting my New Year's Resolution to be better in touch through emails, letters and blog posts so I am making it my Chinese New Year Resolution instead. That way I haven't wasted an entire month. That's me.... always thinking.

Happy Year of the Dog
I'm resurrecting my blog
No more sitting around
like a bump on a log

Pura vida
Pura amor

1 comment:

emb said...

It's Nicolette, the Second Coming! I should really know better than to use that kind of language around our group...

Hey you can change your options so your entries don't get spammed so much. You can make it so they have to type in a word to leave an entry.

I'm glad you're back!