Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Cool Kid

Sometimes I am so amused by the things that come out of Ryan's mouth. It's great having a real conversation with a four-year-old. This is just one of the things we talked about yesterday:

Ryan: Mom, what do lions eat?
Me: Umm... smaller animals. Maybe deer.
Ryan: Do they eat grass?
Me: No, they eat meat.
Ryan: They eat cantelope.
Me: No, they eat meat.
Ryan: They eat cantelope! I mean antelope. And then when they die they turn into grass and the antelope eat the grass. I learned that from Simba and Nala. You know why? Because I just love lions.

We don't have a TV but we do have a laptop that we use to watch movies. Since she has watched The Lion King about a hundred times, it's no wonder that she knows about the "circle of life".

Bodi brought 13 Going on 30 with her from her last Austin trip. Ryan really likes that movie also. Two days ago I am getting out of the shower and she askes me, "Mom, what does bitch mean? Hmm... how do I answer that? Well, I said it's when someone isn't very nice. And it is also the word for a girl dog. Her response to that... "What does tough bitch mean?" I think we'll go back to watching Lion King!

But the best thing I heard was this one:
Ryan: Do you know what pals means, Momma? It means best friends and you're my best friend, Momma! I love you a lot... all the way to the stars and the moon and to California.

Yep, conversations with four-year-olds are the best!

No comments: