Friday, March 25, 2005

Semana Santa

It's Holy Week here and Ryan is off from school. We have been keeping busy by reading, going for walks and making her a superhero costume from felt. Ran has been working so we have gone to the hotel for dinner the past two nights. Ryan visits with guests and runs around like she owns the place. Go figure.

Seems like our trip to Hawaii was so long ago. A lot has happened since I left. My dad was admitted into and released from the hospital, followed by my mom. My grandma had to go in for a biopsy because her mammogram revealed a lump in her breast. It's hard being so far away from my family--- especially now that I have a family of my own. I am so grateful that Ryan and I were able to go home when we did, though.

I've always considered myself to be pretty lucky. Look at me, I have a wonderful husband, a cool kid and another active little one on the way. I have an incredible network of family and friends and I have three places to call home. After five months here, Costa Rica definitely feels like home. Then there's Austin, the rockin' city we have enjoyed for the previous 12 years. And of course there's Hawaii. I really want Ryan and her baby brother or sister to know all about the Aloha Spirit! Here in Costa Rica it's Pura Vida. In Austin it's Don't Mess With Texas, listen to some live music, eat lots of Tex-Mex and go to MGGTs!


Girls night (Colecta de Coquetas) is tonight. It's not MGGT but it'll be fun. I'm bringing chips and queso to represent the Austin me. And I think I'll wear a hibiscus behind my ear for the Hawaiian me. Tomorrow is Easter... have a hoppy one!

love you
a hui hou
pura vida

1 comment:

emb said...

Ryan is so cutiepatootiewootie! She is such a girlygirl!